Family and couples photographs are such treasures. It's incredible all the feelings these photographs can evoke even years from now.. they're priceless. To better prepare yourself for these sweet moments, here are answers to some commonly asked questions.
As an on-location photographer, the best part is that I can come to you! Sessions can take place in the comfort of your own home or in a favorite spot. The location can be somewhere you really enjoy.. a beautiful local park or an ice cream parlor you often visit. Thinking of something you like to do together can also help in narrowing down your selection. For example, collecting shells on the beach or enjoying the Boston skyline. If you can't think of anything, I can offer suggestions. At the end of the day, the location should represent you!
For outdoor portraits, two hours before sunset is the best time. During the "golden hour," the light is diffused and it casts a warm, glowing hue. Portraits are dramatically enhanced by the sun's natural light.
Indoor portraits are a little more flexible. All we need is a room with plenty of light. Whichever choice you feel most comfortable with will result in gorgeous portraits.. you can even have a mix of both indoor and outdoor shots.
Comfortable and coordinated clothing is always best! The clothing doesn't have to match but complimenting colors really makes a difference in creating amazing portraits.
- Layers add fun, texture, and richness to the overall look.
- Solid colors and small patterns are recommended. Stay away from large logos and letters on your clothing.
- The most important part is to be comfortable and wear an outfit you really feel great in.
-Below are examples of popular color palettes:
- Make sure the photo shoot is scheduled around your children's nap schedule. It's best to photograph them when they are rested and full.
- Bring an extra snack and drink in case they get hungry.
- Having an ending reward, either ice cream afterwards or a small toy can really make a difference for your little ones.
- Be ready to giggle, have fun, and let them be themselves! Your children's personalities will be sure to jump out of the photos!
If you have any other questions or special requests, please don't be shy...let me know! I want you to have the most memorable and satisfying experience from start to finish.
And the most IMPORTANT part: don't forget to bring your sense of adventure and sense of humor... We are going to have an unforgettable time!