It’s opening day at Fenway Park! So it’s the perfect day to feature some of the cutest Boston Rex Sox fans!
April 9, 2019: Red Sox’s home opener at Fenway Park, Boston, Ma
According to WCVB, Today’s game against the Toronto Blue Jays is the Red Sox’s 119th home season opener. As with every opener, fans can expect special pre-game ceremonies. This year, fans will be excited to witness the presentation of the 2018 World Series rings, championship banner, and flag. In honor of last year’s World Series win, the Sox’s will wear one of a kind gold trimmed hats and jerseys!
Opening Day ceremonies will also include the performance of the national anthem by the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra led by Keith Lockhart with (my absolute FAVORITE part).. a flyover of four F-16 jets by the District of Columbia Air National Guard. I live for this every year.. even if you don’t make the game, you can catch the Jets shot over our beautiful city.
Fun Fenway Park traditions:
I found a hilarious article by Bleacher Report, which highlighted the top Red Sox Traditions.. these are some favorites:
- Hating the Yankees (well… duh). It’s the biggest rivalry in sports history!
- “Cowboy Up” This term means that when times get tough, stand up, dust yourself up, and keep trying. Or, like I like to say, get tougher. Loving this team is like riding a roller coaster. No matter how hard the struggle, fans show up positive every year, hoping this their year.
- Touching the Green Monster for Good Luck. No matter how gritty and sticky the Green Monstah walls look, if you’re at arm’s length, you better touch it for good luck. You just don’t want to anger the baseball gods.
- Singing Sweet Caroline …ohhhh, ohhhh ooohh! Get your lungs ready to belt the lyrics to this Neil Young song at bottom of 8th inning. It’s pretty much the Sox’s theme song. Sooo goood, soooo goood!
- Rockingto Dirty Water, a one-hit wonder by the Sandells.. who were from California. “Cuz I love that dirty water.. ohhh, ohhh, Boston you’re my home!”
- Eating a Fenway Frank.. I’ll hold your beer. 🙂
Boston Red Sox’s newest and cutest fans
Now that you know more about our beloved Sox, meet some of the cutest fans!
Boston MA newborn photographer, Isabel Sweet
I am a baby and newborn photographer in the Boston, Massachusetts area. I am happy to provide boutique photography services to the South End, Back Bay, Fenway, Brookline, Cambridge, South Boston, Belmont, Arlington, Lexington, Needham, Beacon Hill, Newton, and beyond! All sessions take place in the comfort of your own home or favorite location. These in-home photo sessions took place various Boston neighborhoods. Interested in a newborn baby session? Contact me now!